Partners Throughout Your Family Law Case
Hannah is an experienced litigator, coming to GEM Family Law after years with the Adams County District Attorney's Office, where she tried a variety of complex criminal cases before judges and juries. Hannah now focuses on family law, though she also assists the Firm's domestic relations clients should they have criminal law needs, to include assistance with protection orders, victim's advocacy work, and other select criminal defense issues.
Originally from Albuquerque, New Mexico, Hannah received her Bachelor's degree in political science from the University of New Mexico, where she was a Presidential Scholar. She went on to attend law school at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where she received a concentration in Advocacy and was the Outstanding Student Leadership Award recipient.
Hannah's outstanding litigation skills were recognized by her selection for and participation in DU Law's award-winning Trial Team. Hannah additionally excels in research and writing, having been published by the Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy and presenting at the Duke University School of Law Symposium.
Hannah's prior experience includes serving as a Law Clerk to Judge Ross Buchanan in Denver District Court, where she assisted the Judge in preparing orders and gained invaluable insight into how attorneys and parties should present themselves before the court. Hannah additionally worked at Colorado Legal Services, providing legal assistance to low-income individuals on family law matters. It is there that Hannah fostered a passion for assisting those going through difficult family transitions.
While remaining a zealous trial attorney, Hannah also strives to find new and creative ways to solve difficult family problems through settlement. She listens to her clients to understand their goals and prioritizes the process that best suits their needs. Hannah also serves as a third party neutral Parenting Coordinator/Decision Maker, who uses her insight to assist parties in crafting creative solutions to their disputes. Where parties are unable to agree, Hannah is appointed to make the final decision.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- University of New Mexico
- Major: Political Science
Authorship & Presentations
- The Other 20 Cents Isn’t Worth It: The Inadequacy of Title VII’s Anti-Retaliation Framework, 26 Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy 65-83 (2019).
- Legislating Relationships: Individual Rights in Context, Duke University School of Law Symposium 2019.
- Colorado Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Board Member
- Denver Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Board Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee
Current Employment Position
- Senior Associate Attorney
Honors & Distinctions
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2023
- Outstanding Student Leadership Award, Denver Sturm College of Law
- Selection to Denver Sturm College of Law Trial Team
- Presidential Scholar, University of New Mexico