Partners Throughout Your Family Law Case
Ashley G. Emerson
Ashley advocates for outcomes that enable families to make the smoothest possible transition during an otherwise stressful time of life. She is committed to seeking peaceful resolutions while also zealously advocating for her clients. Whether clients are going through a divorce, custody dispute, financial disputes, or any other family law matter, it is Ashley's goal that her clients feel as though their issue has been resolved with dignity.
While not all cases can be resolved outside of the courtroom, Ashley is an advocate for alternative methods of resolving disputes, when possible. Ashley feels that alternatives to litigation, including mediation, arbitration, and collaborative law, provide great options for clients who desire a less adversarial and more timely resolution of their dispute.
However, when circumstances necessitate traditional litigation, Ashley is the strong and dedicated advocate that her clients need and excels in the courtroom.
Ashley's practice is focused exclusively on Family Law. Having practiced for a number of years at one of Denver's preeminent family law firms, her experience has enabled her to successfully resolve and litigate a wide variety of family law cases.
Ashley has substantial experience representing Fathers, Mothers, grandparents, stepparents, psychological parents, members of traditional families, and members of nontraditional families in divorces, child custody matters, dependency and neglect cases, post decree and modification or emergency cases.
It is Ashley's firm belief and experience that Colorado law is and should be interpreted as gender-neutral and that Colorado's laws regarding individual and family finances and parenting arrangements allow the court to consider the circumstances of each family and make decisions that reflect each person's, family's and child's unique needs and interests.
Ashley's experience with family finances ranges from cases involving complex financial matters, including business interests, defined benefit plans, premarital agreements, trusts and high net-worth estates and individuals, to less convoluted issues, such as child support, the division of modest marital estates, and modification or enforcement of financial court orders.
With respect to parenting time matters, Ashley's experience ranges from complicated cases, such as those involving non-traditional families, domestic violence, infant parenting plans, grandparent visitation and high conflict parents, to those involving families who simply need to memorialize an agreed upon parenting schedule. Due to her work with a number of child-focused non-profits, she has a deep understanding and appreciation for the impact that divorce and custody disputes can have on every member of your family.
Ashley enjoys working with a variety of clients and tailors her services to the needs of each individual.
In her free time, Ashley enjoys traveling to adventurous locations, hiking, running, skiing, and cooking. She loves to share in these experiences with her husband and two rescue dogs.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- Major: Certificate in Family Law
- University of Missouri
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, Junior Board Member
- Legal Night Volunteer
- Metro Volunteer Attorneys
Authorship & Presentations
- Parental Responsibilities/Child Legal Representative / Child and Family Investigator/ Parenting Coordinator/ Arbitrator/ Domestic Relations Law and Orders, 2016
- Adult Guardian ad Litems – co-authored for Colorado Bench Book – Family Law Section, 2014
- Colorado Bench Book - Family Law section [edited by Cynthia Cianco and Angela Arkin] "Adult Guardian ad Litem" 2014 ( with David Littman), 2014
- A Practical Guide to Business Valuations for Lawyers, Family Law Section of the Colorado Bar, February 17, 2017
- Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals, Board Member
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Family Law Section of Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee
Current Employment Position
- Founding Partner
- Family Law
Honors & Distinctions
- The Best Lawyers In America© 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 Family Law
- Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Martindale Hubbel – AV Preeminent Rating 2018
- AVVO – 10.0 Rating, Top Attorney
- AVVO – Top Contributor 2017